Monday, August 15, 2011

Old Faithful.

When I was little, my mother used to bathe my sisters and I and then line us up to comb out and braid our hair one by one. Back in the days before leave-in conditioner, this was the best idea she had for three daughters with curly waist length hair (other than the high buns we needed to wear to ballet class, of course). The humidity and the "frizzies" were always cause for battle in my house. Sometimes, we won, and sometimes the hair won.



Fast forward twenty five years, and there are many new solutions on the market for curly unruly hair. However, I am constantly reverting back to old faithful. When the humidity factor is through the roof, or the heat outside is unbearable and my long hair feels like a winter hat on my head, I go back to my braid. These days, there are many new ways to braid hair, some I know, and some will take me watching a couple more how-to videos on YouTube. Here are some of the gorgeous creations that are inspiring me lately. Enjoy!















Do you love these beautiful creations as much as I do? Whether your style is tomboy or glamour girl, the braid is here to stay. It's always a fun and thoughtful alternative to the messy bun or quick ponytail.

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment