Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Looking Forward to... Boots.

I hate the winter. I hate the cold. The people who know me best joke that I am solar powered. There is a reason I moved to South Tampa and then to Los Angeles the first chance I got.


Now that I am back in New England (and much more settled than this time last year), I dare say I am looking forward to the beautiful crisp fall days ahead. I'm trying to anyway. I must embrace the inevitable: it's going to get cold again. Really cold. The layers and wool are coming back out from storage in a matter of weeks! That's why, pouring over all of the fall fashion in my favorite magazine publications are good for my psyche this time of year. Right now, I am focused on the boots.

Here are some of the beauties I have my eye on for this fall season to distract me from the cold:


1) The perfect 70's inspired glamour. In the color of the season, this rich burgundy suede sets my heart aflutter, while the fringe gives this pair an immediate cool factor. The chunky heel is on trend and I can already think of twenty outfits I could make with these boots from clothes already in my closet. 
{Diane von Furstenberg 'Penn' Suede Fringe Boot. $550.}

2) Edgy and unique. For the day I wake up and think, today I want to look like a fashionable astronaut. Fashion should be fun, always be open to taking risks! The menswear inspired detail on this pair is great, and a wedge is always comfortable. These shoes beg for an outfit with clean lines and a mod silhouette. They are also a fabulous option for dressing up a black blazer for a night out. Not into the silver? Jeffrey Campbell has some other gorgeous funky pairs in this collection. (Check them out here, here, and here.)
{Jeffrey Campbell 'Bonnie' Boot, $119.95.}


3) Beautiful twist on a classic. This is as close to a hiking boot as you will ever see me wear. The tassels, soft camel colored leather, on-trend chunky heel, and thick rubber sole have me daydreaming about apple picking and cidar donuts already. Big chunky wool sweater and pumpkin carving are optional.
{See by Chloe 'Wallabee' Calf Boot, $415.}


What are you looking forward to this fall season?


Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment