Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Weekend.

For the long weekend, my fiancĂ© and I will be headed back to Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire with my sister and her husband. (The last time we went there was the Fourth of July, see post here.) I can't wait to get away! I am always cold so packing for this winter weekend requires planning to avoid overpacking.

For a trip like this, cozy is my benchmark. However, keep in mind that cozy should never be confused with sloppy. Elastic waistbands, clothes you borrowed from your gym bag, oversized cast-off's from your significant other, and pants that have been out of fashion for five years are not permitted. Boyfriend cut and saggy are not the same thing. One has been cut beautifully to hang in that just-right oversized way and the other resembles a shapeless sack. The key is exercising your right to comfortable clothes by elevating your look. Think slightly beyond basics with luxurious fabrics, understated indulgences, and artful layers...

Tomorrow I will share some tips on how to achieve the perfect off-duty weekend look. In the meantime, here is a peek at what I know will be in my bag...

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.


MLK Weekend at the Lake


















Equipment long sleeve blouse
£280 - harveynichols.com

The North face
$299 - moosejaw.com

J.Crew knit socks
$13 - jcrew.com

J Brand skinny fit jeans
$192 - shopambience.com

Tecnica slip on shoes
$104 - endless.com

House of Harlow 1960 circle necklace
$119 - shopthetrendboutique.com

Faliero Sarti plaid scarve
$425 - mytheresa.com

Mason Pearson Rake Comb
$30 - barneys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment