Friday, January 20, 2012

Wedding Paper.

I put the save the dates for our wedding in the mail last week. I cannot believe we are just over 4 months away! Those of you who have planned a wedding before know that the time can fly by when you have so much to do.


I absolutely loved our save the date's. They were inspired by the design above, which we found slightly casual for our black tie wedding. Instead, we kept the font and ordered with another company. Ours is simple and ivory with a hand beveled gold curved edge. (We did not end up with blush envelopes either, but those inspired me in a different way...)

Both my fiancĂ© and myself have always been "paper" people. We both appreciate a brand new Moleskine notebook and I have always been a fan of the handwritten note. That is why we found the stationery aspect of wedding planning somewhat enjoyable. In the process of looking through the multitude of different styles available for a 'save the date', we found that many options started to look the same. However, two companies stood out to me, mainly because I loved the style represented by each. (You saw their beautiful calendars in my new year's post, here.) Check out these must have cards.

First, I need to bring your attention to these custom invitations from Rifle Paper Company.


These pretty whimsical designs are available with hand lettering, but the best part is the custom illustrated portraits painted by Anna Bond, the Rifle Paper Company illustrator herself. These would make the perfect save the date or wedding invitation for any couple planning a nostalgic, vintage, or garden wedding. They were not right for our event style, but I'm learning I would need to have several weddings to use up all of the ideas in my head.

Every bride needs her maid of honor. Ask her to stand by you on your big day officially with these pretty cards.

{Sugar Paper, $6.}

I used the bridesmaid version of this floral one for my own bridal party.

{Rifle Paper Co, $4.50} 

Every bride must have a collection of thank-you notes to send out for each lovely gift received at her wedding-related festivities. I love gold (see post here) and was excited to see the trend in the fabulous thank-you note options available from each company. 

{Rifle Paper Co., Gold Painted Stripes Thank You, $18. for box of 8.}

{Sugar Paper, Many Thanks, $24. for box of 10.}

Lastly, a little something for the friends and family of the bride. Here are some gorgeous cards to include with your wedding gift.

{Rifle Paper Co., $4.}

{Sugar Paper, $6.}

{Sugar Paper, $6.}

These cards will even make a spatula or salad spinner look like a sweet gift.

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment