Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Inner Child.

No matter how old I get, I will always have a special fondness for mittens. I know they are not practical. I know they can make simple tasks more difficult. I know that working my iPhone would be out of the question. But mittens are so cute! And warm. And you can still make snowballs with them. :) Therefore, my nostalgia for childhood wins in the great glove vs. mitten debate.

Every time I have visited my favorite online store in the past few months (www.netaporter.com), I stop on the same two pairs of mittens. When I lust for an item this much, I have to post about it.

I mentioned the first pair in my Fall Trends post, here. I love the deep wine color, the knit, and the merino wool/cashmere blend. These mittens could almost pass as sophisticated with a polished outfit and would pop ever so beautifully against a tailored black coat.

{Bally, Merino Wool and Cashmere Mittens, $175.}

The other pair is deliciously retro. They remind me of the winter months I spent at boarding school in Concord, NH. I love the leather. I love the tan color and the external stitching. It looks like a pair of mittens that will only look better with some wear and tear. Throw away your Ugg boots (please!) and opt to wear these on your hands instead. These mittens are much cuter and they will not make your silhouette resemble that of a tree trunk. Just trust me on this one.

{Aubin & Wells, Moorhall Leather Mittens, $175.

Cozy, right?

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment