Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Kat Dress.

The newest celebrity to start her own clothing line is talented tattoo artist, and former television personality, Kat Von D. As expected, the collection has a lot of black, punk influence, and a costume-y aspect to it. However, I was pleasantly surprised by many wearable and feminine pieces that would make excellent additions to any wardrobe. Moderation is the key to this collection. For an everyday runway look, choose to wear one statement piece at a time. Here are some items from the collection that I have my eye on.

This grey lace dress from the Fall 2011 Kat Von D Los Angeles Lookbook is totally on trend. The delicate sleeve ruffles and stand up collar give the Victorian era a nod, but thanks to a short hemline, the dress does not take itself too seriously.


The Elizabeth dress is also available in black. I can't help but picture a cute witch costume when I look at this. Any Charmed fans out there?


A statement coat is all you need for the winter season. I loved this double breasted one...


Until I saw this! I want the Napoleon red coat. It's a classic military style with slightly over the top, delightful details. Big buttons, chain link shoulders, a feminine nipped waist, and structured shoulders. Not to mention contrast pockets and satin trim sleeves. Is there anything that she didn't think of? I also love the color choices. "Lucifer Black" or "Aurora Red?"


This is a great clean look. I would wear the romantic Juliette blouse to work with red lipstick just the way they did here. If this is too dark for you, you could also try the blouse in white. It's very Kourtney Kardashian- esque, right?


Since the temperature drop and early snow arrival in New England this weekend, I have had a hard time putting on anything that is not super cozy and warm. This long Quill sweater would add polish to any of my off-duty looks. The feather detail is so pretty!


Here is what Kat Von D says about her collection.

"The purpose of me creating this clothing line is to simply to practice and share what Mom taught me:
Express yourself through your art- whether it's your drawings in a sketchpad, tattoos on your skin, the shade of your lipstick, or the clothes that you wear." 

I like it. Now I wonder how long it will be before she creates her own perfume...

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

1 comment:

  1. Which stores are carrying this line? The Quill sweater is gorgeous!

    And she actually already has a perfume line - there is sinner, and saint. She has a cosmetics line at Sephora too. The eyeshadow palettes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete