Thursday, March 29, 2012

Get Away.

When I asked my married friends for their best advice in the wedding planning process, they all said the same thing: make time for the two of you and plan special dates leading up to the big day. Genius. I quickly found that planning a wedding is a full time job (in addition to our other jobs), so Erich and I decided that in the three months leading up to our wedding day, we would take a long weekend each month.

This past weekend we went to Newport, Rhode Island. Because it is only an hour and a half away from Boston, it's one of our favorite places for a day trip. I found a cozy place to stay at the Pearls Boutique Hotels, which is just a couple of blocks away from the waterfront. It's a great place for a romantic weekend away with your man or even a girls-only trip. We stayed in Suite 7 and it was very spacious for two people, our bathroom was huge, and it was just so charming. (Nothing like the sterile looking hotel rooms we sometimes find ourselves in.) The best thing was all of the light. Can you believe the house was built in 1785?!

I knew I was in the right place when I opened the door into our suite. Chanel, a fireplace, and a vintage crystal chandelier?  I had to share this shabby-chic meets modern-glam decor with you...


I loved the pine floors (so home-y) and the working fireplace added the perfect amount of romance to our casual evening. Another picture of the cozy living room of our suite...


The bathroom made us feel like we were at someone's house instead of an inn...


And the bedroom showed great use of a small space. The open closet concept is very similar to what we have at home in our apartment. My motto of 'only buy what you love' means this is always a nice way to display all of your favorite pieces. Our view of the private garden was even nice on a grey day (there are more windows along that right wall but the indoor shutters are closed in this photo).


Adorable right? The Ralph Lauren linens were also a nice touch. Check out their "last minute availability" section here if you are looking for a good deal and a different place to stay in Newport.

Next time I would like to stay across the hall, in Suite 8...


Another fabulous way to make the most of the limited closet space in an old house. (Just remember to keep it neat!)


I love an all-white bathroom, especially when it is softened by wood floors...


Beach house meets vintage meets glamour. The red accent chair and antique makeup table in the bathroom stole my heart. I want to set up camp!


Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment