Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wedding Wear, Part 2.

What a weekend. Can you believe the weather we got in October?! You better believe that I took full advantage and spent every minute I could outside. Luckily, it was easy because I spent the long weekend in a beautiful place: Newport, Rhode Island. My fiance and I were there for another gorgeous wedding and reunion with old friends. After the pretty and ladylike look that I put together for the beach wedding last weekend, this time I went all out sexy. What inspired me? Two things.

1) Their invitations. Modern with warm tones, and perfect for their cocktail attire autumn estate wedding. Here is their Save the Date.


If you look at the colors on the bottom long enough you start to see fallen leaves or a cozy fire burning. I also saw the groom...

2) The groom's Moroccan heritage had me thinking in spice tones. And what could be more perfect for the fall season?

{DVF, Reara Colorblock Dress, $365.}

I tried on this little silk Diane Von Furstenberg number while I was out dress shopping last month, but it didn't fit me quite right (I bought this instead). However, the fresh, on trend, and unique color combination of ketchup and mustard stayed with me and I decided to re-create it for this wedding.

I wanted sexy elegance so when I put on this rich burgundy jersey dress, I knew I found the most important piece of my outfit. The scoop neck, 3/4 sleeves, and dramatic v-back were just what I was looking for. Anything that highlights my waist is always a bonus and the fit was perfect.


One sexy dress, right? (Alice & Olivia, Aerin Dress, $220.}

The next step was adding elegant accessories to balance out the sexiness of the dress. This mustard wool and cashmere wrap was just the color I was looking for and completely necessary for the cool temperature in the tent once the sun went down.

{Tissue Weight Wool & Cashmere Wrap, $88.}

With such bold and solid color in my outfit, the expected strappy gold sandal just would not do. Instead, I chose this black suede YSL platform pump to ground my whole look. The shoes kept my look sexy but modern and I love how the strong lines balanced out the drama of my dress.



Of course, no evening look is complete without jewelry. My ketchup and mustard ensemble was just the right backdrop for this rose gold bracelet and fabulous pair of Miguel Ases earrings.


{Miguel Ases, Bronze Rondelle Embroidered Teardrop Earrings, $270.}
The added sparkle made me cocktail ready and we danced the night away. I finished the look with my go-to black clutch. Mixing textures is a great way to add visual interest to an outfit without adding visual clutter. The subtle patent leather on my bag balanced out the heaviness of my suede shoes.
{YSL, Belle Du Jour Patent Leather Clutch, $475.}
Note: This clutch was an investment piece for me and is a great example of cost-per-wear. The price on the handbag was steep when I bought it three years ago, but the classic shape and timeless design have allowed me to wear it everywhere. Dinner dates, weddings, holiday parties, you name it. Cost per wear is definitely under $5 by now.

Here is a photo of the beautiful autumn sky and amazing view we had before the stars came out that night. It was a lovely evening.



Congratulations Adam and Clara! Thank you for letting us share in your special day.  xo Tara

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment