Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fashion For Your Inner Geek.

Back to school time brings to mind a jumper I used to have with an apple on the front. I think about the pencil case I used to organize and re-organize with all of its brand new pencils, erasers, and pens. I loved the smell of my new supplies and the feel of crisp notebooks waiting to be filled. I looked forward to the first day of school every year. Yes, I was a geek.

My school days are behind me now, but for some a new year is just beginning. A lot has changed since my apple jumper days, but my love for school supplies has stayed the same. Many of my peers are looking for an adult way to do back to school, grad school that is.

Here are some suggestions to excite your inner geek.


1) Thank goodness I will never have to carry a backpack again. But, if you are headed back to school this fall, you will need something other than a handbag to hold your supplies. I recommend a classic and polished tote or a fun trendy satchel. You will have this gorgeous Kate Spade camel leather tote forever. And the pop of kelly green on this classic satchel, plus its reasonable price, make it a must have.

{Kate Spade, Vanston Jackson, $475. $237.}

{Cambridge Satchel Company, The Batchel 15", $146.}

2) Of course you can't leave your laptop at home when it's time to write that paper. Head to your local coffee shop in style with one of these great cases that will also protect your beloved computer.

{Tory Burch, Ski Vintage Laptop Case, $125.}

{Kate Spade, Fairmont Striped Sleeve, $60.}



{Ted Baker, Quilted Laptop Sleeve, $89.65.}

3) You could always combine the two elements with one chic piece. Check out these laptop bags! Perfect for your computer, a folder, and a grown up pen (see below).

{LeSportsac, 15" Poppet Laptop Case, $62.}

{Bloomingdales, 13" Commuter Case, $45.}
{Marc by Marc Jacobs, Pretty Nylon Laptop Case, $118.}

{Marc by Marc Jacobs, 15" Turnlock Shine Commuter Case, $248.

{Herschel Supply Co., Canvas Content Bag, $110.}

4) It is time to put away the Bic and pick up a grown-up pen. Whether you choose playful or elegant, just avoid plastic.

{Waterman, Golden Beige Ballpoint Pen, $70.}

{Tornado Rollerball Pen, Peacock Teal, $22.50.

{Tornado Rollerball Pen, Stainless Steel, $22.50.}

{Tornado Rollerball Pen, Green Lacquer, $22.50}

 5) Spiral notebooks be gone. Express your style with a chic journal.

{Moleskine, Classic Red Ruled Notebook, $17.95 $14.36.}
{Moleskine, Classic Large Plain Notebook, $17.95 $14.36.}

{Moleskine, Volant Large Ruled Notebook, Manganese and Cerulean Blue, $12.95 $10.36.}


Are you headed back to school? What are your must have items this season?

Happy back to school everyone. xo

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment