Monday, April 16, 2012

Helpful Tools: Wedding Planning

My bridal luncheon was this past weekend and the shock that I am getting married in 41 days is setting in. I am so excited! As the planning draws to a close, I wanted to share some of my most helpful tools in this planning process.

1) Reference
"The Art of the Handwritten Note; A Guide to Reclaiming Civilized Communication" is a book that has been a part of my library for years. It was a birthday gift I received from one of my bridesmaids several years ago that has proved a valuable resource. Between thank you notes, notes to vendors, and addressing all of the different invitations, I was happy to have this for tips. It's a good read too!

{The Art of the Handwritten Note, $10.88}

Fashion and stationery are two of my favorite things, and I love when my two worlds mix.

"Do not write with a pencil or use blue-lined school paper, especially not notebook paper with holes punched in it. That's like going out dressed only in your underpants... You can use a ball-point pen on plain white paper if you have absolutely no other materials and you need to send a note. That's at least like wearing a T-shirt and jeans."

"Do not cross out and correct more than two errors per page. That's like going out dressed in clothing that has holes in it."

I could not have said it better myself.

2) Organization
A Christmas gift from my little sister that proved indispensable in the planning process was this wedding planning kit. The 13 categorized folders helped me keep all of our contracts and payments straight. The pocket planner went in my handbag for quick reference when I was meeting with a vendor. It includes a fashion and beauty guide for the bride-to-be that needs a little more guidance. And the best part? The poster-size checklist. I put it on our refrigerator so that when my fiancé wondered why I was so stressed this past year, he didn't have to ask... It also prompted him to take care of a few "to-do's"on his own.

{The Ultimate Wedding Planning Kit, $29.95}

I kept my inspiration binder separate from all of the contracts and records of payment for the wedding. It allowed me to focus on styling and envisioning the event without all of the extra paperwork in the way. Having my inspiration images in a separate binder was also a simple way to present my wedding vision to each of my vendors during the planning process.


3) Tools
It is amazing to have so many people willing to celebrate in our joy. (Thank you to all who attended my shower!) They have been so kind with their outpouring of gifts and well wishes for our next chapter. Many handwritten thank you cards are in order so make sure you have your stationery ready. I love this modern set personalized with his and her names. The 'established' year is a sweet touch.

{Walnut Paperie, Stationery 012, $48.}

Not for you? You could also order thank you notes to match your wedding paper (programs, menus, etc.). It will be a nice reminder to your guests after the wedding of the festivities they took part in on your big day.

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment