Friday, July 8, 2011

A Tote For Everything.

I like to be prepared. When I am on a job or running errands with friends, I am always the first person people come to when they realize they need something. Why? I've got it all. Aspirin? Check. Hand-sanitizer? Check. Quarters for the meter? Hair Elastic? Post-it notes? Extra pen? Tissues? Allergy meds? Double stick tape? All of the above, check. I like to think of it as my personal survival kit. I might not make it out in the wilderness, but you can bet I will have what might be needed out in the fashion field.

Unfortunately, all of my preparedness can mean a VERY heavy handbag. That's why this summer I separated my necessities and my extras into two different bags. My small Marc by Marc Jacobs Natasha messenger bag, and this:
{Fendi, Striped Shopping Tote, $765.}
The new bag working as my survival kit. 6 Reasons I love my new shopping tote: 


1) It's black AND brown which means it looks great with every outfit. 


2) The totally on-trend color block makes me swoon. 


3) That gorgeous pop of royal blue is seasonless! 


4) The traditional pattern and silhouette means I will use this bag for a long time. 


5) It's Fendi! Classic designs with an edge mean that I will always support this Italian fashion house. 


6) IT FITS EVERYTHING. 
My normal survival kit plus Ipad, folders, extra sweater, and scarf (I don't leave home without layers in this season of air conditioners) all fit into this lovely tote. And that makes my Friday.


Do you have a favorite carryall? Here are some other great options.


1) This is a great one for the summer and could also make a trip to the beach. The sunny marigold color will cheer you up on an overcast day.


{Tory Burch Ella Tote, $195.}

2) I would use this year round. I wish I had found a bold patterned bag like this back in college! It's much more fun than my boring Longchamp bag was.

{Marni, Glossed-canvas Tote, $295.}

3) I love the sweet nautical stripes with the tough black leather details on this one. It would look great with an all black outfit, skinny jeans, or a sundress. And it's on sale!

{Rebecca Minkoff, Dear Tote, $197.50.}


4) Another seasonless tote in two wear-with-anything colors. The faux python is perfect for fall.

{Zambos & Siega, Brooke Tote, $121.}
{Zambos & Siega, Brooke Tote, $121.} 

5) An option for the brand obsessed shopper.


{Fendi, Zuca Tote, $665.}
What do you tote all your gear around in? And am I the only one carrying around a survival kit?! 

Treat everyday like you are on the runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment