Monday, May 6, 2013

Home Facial.

My apologies for my absence. The winter tends to get the best of me and this year was no exception. I will not bore you with an attempt to pick up where I left off, so instead I will start fresh. It's officially May and I am looking forward to:
Nicer weather.
Barbecues.
Everything turning green again.
Longer days.
And a BABY.

My husband and I will welcome our first child in July and we couldn't be happier. This may mean you will see more posts along the lines of motherhood, but not to worry, I will still stay true to the original direction of this blog. (Though please share the blog with your mom-to-be friends!)

That being said, I would like to talk about my newest miracle product that's perfect for this transition between seasons. Meet the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment.

Normally I have very sensitive skin that fluctuates between very dry in the winters and combination in the summers. This year is no exception, although I can add that pregnancy has made my skin even more sensitive! (Something I did not see as possible.) I stumbled onto this product by accident, thanks to another great free sample from Sephora.

{Kate Somerville ExfoliKate, $22- $85.}

I had a few extra minutes in the shower one day and after cleansing my skin I decided to give this a try. My skin had been flaky by late afternoon everyday so I knew I had to do something. I had no idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised to find that I had no skin reaction to it (which is a risk anytime I try a new product). I applied it in gently circular motion and left it on my face while I washed the conditioner out of my hair. It started to tingle right before I rinsed it off. The product is dark green in color, think seaweed, with very fine exfoliating beads. It felt similar to a sugar scrub in texture but did so much more.

I should add that I have been eyeing the Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing Brush for a while but wondered if I would get enough use out of it to justify the purchase. I'm glad that I waited. The ExfoliKate is SO much better and a product I am more likely to use.

The change in the texture and brightness of my skin is AMAZING. My skin has only ever felt this good after a professional facial at a spa, but I can now achieve the same results at home. I am loving my new healthy glow! I highly recommend that you try this product. You won't be sorry.

Treat every day like you are on the runway.


No comments:

Post a Comment